Thursday, September 2, 2010

Film to Paper?

This week's Booking Through Thursday, a weekly meme, asks us:


Even though it's usually a mistake... do movies made out of books ever make you want to read the original?

I'm a lady with a schedule. Sure, I'll watch the movie but afterward I usually won't go searching for the book. When I read fiction I prefer to not know the ending. I'm more prone to read a book before watching it's corresponding movie. In fact, there are very few works of fiction I have read after viewing its film version... only Harry Potter comes to mind. If I were to watch a Potter film today I know I would acquire the urge to pull out one of J.K. Rowling's books. There's just something about that story that pulls me in every time.

3 comments:

  1. Sure. I've always been scared to read Les Miserables because it's so huge. I'm reading it now, partly because I enjoyed the film with Liam Neeson.

    The film In a Lonely Place, also got me to read the Dorothy Hughes novel. The stories are totally different only sharing the character names. LOL. Loved both, though.

    The Potter films on the other hand have not made me want to read the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I've never seen nor read either of those... it's on my to-do list though. Good luck with Les Miserables! I'm a fan of Liam Neeson, too :)

    I find the Potter films nowhere near as good as the books. The films do remind me of my childhood spent, for the most part, reading and re-reading the Potter series. Seeing a film clip makes me want to curl up with a warm blanket, a big cup of tea (or coffee!) and get lost in the books that mark my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do read certain books after watching a period drama. In a way it has only enhanced a movie. However, I don't like to watch movies after reading a book. Exceptions are there,
    though!

    Here is my BTT: Film to Books post!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...