Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Thank You :-)
Chelsey from Deep in the Heart of a Texas Girl has awarded me with the Stylish Blogger Award. I recently stumbled across Chelsey's lovely blog and instantly fell in love with her posts on fashion,shopping, single-girl life, and commentary on The Bachelor (my own guilty pleasure). Thank you so much for the award, Chelsey!
There are a few rules to the award:
Share 7 facts about yourself... and... pass the award onto 15 other stylish bloggers.
Well, here we go!
1. I have been trying to make my blog more personal. My once strictly literary review blog has slowly evolved to include recipes, pictures, and little tales from my life. What's missing? My name! So....
2. I'm very indecisive. Where to eat, what to wear, what to accessorize with, what class to enrol in, what to read, what to bake... Can you decide for me?
3. I usually over-analyze every single question and statement. I blame this on my education. Telling a girl to analyze sources until they bleed dry isn't always healthy.
4. I absolutely adore Disney movies. My favourite? The Little Mermaid. As a child I fell in love with the characters and music... as an adult I enjoy looking at the bigger elements of the plot and any metaphors I can glean from the story. I told you I over-analyze ;-)
5. I hate bugs. Like seriously, hate hate hate them. Yesterday I found this HUGE spider in my office. Last time I saw one that big it was in a cage at the local aquarium. I still shiver thinking about it. Since when did B.C. have tarantula looking spiders? Eeek.
6. I get super excited when it snows. It doesn't always happen in my neck of the woods, but when it does I feel like a little kid. On that note, contrary to popular belief, I don't live in an igloo. I do say 'Eh' an awful lot though.
7. My passion for history has led to many hours volunteering at both an archive and a Holocaust centre.
And the awards go to:
(Florida) Girl with A NEW LIFE
Running From Cupcakes
What Red Read
Claudia Del Balso, Writer
Taste and Tell
Ezra Pound Cake
The Good Girl Gone Blog
Rantings of a Single Girl
Dancing Through DC
Life in a Venti Cup
As you can see, I went with a top ten list (who says you need 15? Psssh to those blogger gods).
I love each of these blogs. Baking, cooking, funny real-life tales, literary reviews, fashion, and style can all be found among their pages... Thanks for the education and entertainment, fellow bloggers! :-)