Sunday, December 26, 2010

Double Chocolate Cranberry Chunkies

Sweet Sunday Yummy Lit Review:
Double Chocolate Cranberry Chunkies

Over the last few weeks I have been remaking the cookies that I fell in love with during 2010. What can I say - I wanted to make sure that I only served the very best cookies to company, friends, and family during the holiday season.

One of the cookies I've been making by the batch this week has not been featured on Coffee Tale Reviews... yet.

During the end of April I made my first batch of Double Chocolate Cranberry Chunkies and instantly fell in love. The cranberry and chocolate combination taste wonderful together. The cookies' texture - cakey and moist - instantly made them one of my favourite drop cookies.


Here's the recipe from The Cookie Bible (p 56):

1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks or large chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried cranberries or dried tart cherries
Additional granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 350* F.

Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; set aside. Beat butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and cranberries.

Drop dough by level 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, spacing 3 inches apart. Flatten dough until 2 inches in diameter with bottom of glass that has been dipped in additional granulated sugar.

Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool cookies j2 minutes on cookie sheets; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.




My only suggestion? I think these cookies need a new name... something that sounds more appealing then 'chunkies.'



As for the holiday gift giving... I was fortunate enough to receive a Martha Stewart Cookie book and new baking tools (I really want to try pipping!).

Here's what some of my gifts to friends and family looked like:


I also created Ms. C's Recipe Coupons. The receivers of this gift looked quite pleased... I guess I'll have a lot of baking to do in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...