Monday, July 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (4)


"She can't listen to the women discussing stretch marks and labor pains as rites of passage. Everyone acts as if being a woman and a mother are inextricably intertwined. A fair assumption, since she made it herself. Only now does she know it's an enormous lie."

Secret Daughter - Shilpi Somaya Gowda (page 29)



The Details:
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love the voice here...

    Here's mine: http://tfwalsh.wordpress.com/2011/07/19/teaser-tuesday-the-shadow-wolf/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, wellll...as a woman and a mom and a very pregnant person, it's all the same thing to ME, right now! ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book! Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very interesting. I want to hear more.

    This is my first time participating. Here's my TT.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...