Monday, August 30, 2010

Blog Tag

The wonderful CurlyJ of Running From Cupcakes put me into a game of blog tag last night.

The rules are quite simple - each blogger who is tagged must answer 8 questions and then tag their favourite bloggers who will preferably do the same.

However, please don't feel obliged to follow suit if you don't feel up to sharing personal information... just take it as face value that I really like your work :)


So, onto those questions...

1. Milk or dark chocolate?
I grew up with milk chocolate. Over the last few years I've switched to dark chocolate but it doesn't taste nearly as good as the milk variety... dang being health conscious.

2. What's your favourite colour?
Deep, vibrant, and royal purple. It's gorgeous and somehow looks both sophisticated and quirky... and it brings out my green eyes haha.

3. Do you have any creative hobbies?
I have many! My first love is writing (both fiction and non-fiction). Photography. Pottery and painting - I even won an award for it in highschool. I like to think that baking is a creative hobby as well... especially when I make my own cookies without the help of a recipe.

4. What was your favourite subject in school?
History. I have loved learning about other cultures, global issues, and the past ever since I was young. I also had an amazing teacher who sparked my interest in the subject.

5. What is your favourite season? Why?
I always have a hard time answering this question. Summer is nice - it's warm, bright, and there's so much more free time during that time of the year. I love winter because of the Canadian snow and that festive holiday feeling that is hard to escape... not that I would want to! And then there's the fall... nothing makes me happier than walking home from a day at university with beautiful, bright red maple leaves scattered along the lane.

6. Who inspires you to sing like crazy when nobody is around?
I have a few. Michael Buble, Jason Mraz, Colbie Caillat...

Back in June I had the good fortune of being introduced to Ellie Goulding's work through E, my favourite Englishman. I'm addicted to her CD, just hearing her music makes me smile. I've recently been listening to a lot of A Fine Frenzy. Carley Rae Jepsen is probably my number one artist though.

Actually, here's some of my favourites... just a click away :)
- Carley Rae Jepsen's Tug of War, Heavy Lifting & Hotel Shampoo
- A Fine Frenzy's What I Wouldn't Do
- Ellie Goulding's The Writer

7. What is your favourite dessert? Can you make it?
Probably bread and butter pudding, English style. The family recipe we have for it is so unbelievably good. I've helped to make it before but can't say that I've done it independently.

8. How did you learn to cook?
Specifically to cook? That would be my mom... and I guess those old home economic classes from highschool.
Baking, on the other hand, has been a combined effort of books, my mom, and my aunt.


Now, my favourite bloggers, in no particular order...
The Household Goddess
What Red Reads
The Window Seat Reader
Rantings of a Single Girl
Running From Cupcakes

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your answers and learning more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Creating a post on something other than a book review was kind of nice, I must admit haha :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...