Friday, August 6, 2010

Book Blogger Hop 2

The Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Crazy-For-Books, is back again!

This is my second time participating in these blogging festivities. It was fun last week and I got to see some interesting sites that I probably wouldn't have encountered without this activity... So I thought I'd give it another shot. You can get all the pertinent details about participation here.


This week's Book Blogger Hop question: Do you listen to music when you read? If so, what are your favourite tunes?

A: Both yes and no. I like silence when I'm reading something full of historical facts or theories. I find it easier to digest information without a song's lyrics interfering with my thoughts. I think it also stems to my educational experiences. I've been told that you will more easily recall information if you are in a similar setting as to when you learned the information. So, for example: I study in a quiet room so that I will be able to recall the information I studied more accurately when I am in a quiet exam room. Many years of studying has made it second nature for me to seek out quiet places to read in my spare time. However, classical music is sometimes incorporated into my reading experience - I'll put on some of Andre Rieu's symphony music, Mozart, Bach, and things of that nature when the silence gets too much.


Hope you all have a good weekend and enjoy the Hop.

7 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Blog Hop! I love your site, particularly your reviews of feminist lit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could so easily take your blog and make it mine! Coffee drinkers, unite!

    I've just become a new follower. I'd love to have you stop by my blog, too.
    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2010/08/book-blogger-hop-bonjour.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found your blog through the hop this week! I can tell I'm going to enjoy exploring it.

    Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm stopping by from the Hop!
    Just became a follower. I drink coffee too, and I live in Canada! That's two things we have in common, haha.

    Anyways, have a great weekend! Happy reading.

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, love your blog! I am a new follower. Thanks for stopping by mine :) Have a great day.

    Danielle @ everylastpage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ms. C,
    I was bloghopping and came across your blog. I fell in love with your coffee beans. I'm addicted to coffee in any form, latte, cappuccino, espresso, or plain black. Yum! ;)
    I see you're in beautiful BC and I'm in marvelous Montreal. However the blogosphere makes it easy for us bloggers.
    Hope you stop by my blog. See you there!
    Cheers!
    Claudia
    www.claudiadelbalso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog this weekend. I greatly appreciate all of your comments and look forward to visiting your own respective blogs (if I haven't done so already)!
    Thanks again & talk soon,
    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...