Sunday, January 9, 2011

Brown Sugar Muffins


Sweet Sunday Yummy Lit Review: Brown Sugar Muffins

This Wednesday I was in a muffin-making mood. However, I soon realized that I don't have baking books with muffin recipes. I began to hunt through my favourite baking sites in search for the perfect recipe.

Before I tempt you with yummy muffin pictures, I have a question... how come there are so many recipes that call for oil in muffins? I found a few delicious looking muffin recipes, only to discover that oil was used in the recipe. I didn't really feel up to baking with oil... even if Martha Stewart told me so.

Then I found Brown Sugar Muffins. Deborah of Taste and Tell, a great baking/cooking blog, lists Brown Sugar Muffins as one of her favourite muffins from childhood. The recipe looked so simple, and the end product so tasty, that I had to give it a try.


Recipe:
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup nuts, chopped coarsely -- * I used walnuts

Preheat oven to 375F. Grease or line 16 muffin cups (* 14 for me).

Combine all ingredients until mixed. Fill prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until done.


There are so few steps in making this muffin that I did not take pictures of the baking process. Instead, I have a few delicious snapshots after the mixing, filling, rising, and overall baking took place.

4 comments:

  1. The oil makes them moist.. I used to wonder this too haha. You can substitute unsweetened apple sauce for the amount of the oil :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, sweet :) Thanks for the tip, Curly J!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked these! These are my husband's favorite muffin - I'm sure he'd eat them all if I made them once a week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I don't think I can blame your husband, Deborah. These muffins are delicious! Thanks for yet another yummy recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...