Friday, July 30, 2010

Say What?

Amid my jog this morning and preparing for Sunday's Yummy Lit Review I found time to browse the local paper.

I was, to say the least, a bit disturbed by the headline:

"Three young white men, fuelled by alcohol and testosterone and their own immaturity, crossed paths with a black man and LIVES CHANGED FOREVER."

It sounds like a bad summary on the back of a book... or an advertisement for a much-too-hyped-up blockbuster.

But what really got to me?

The front page screams of racism and sensationalism. I realize the media sets out to do this, to grab the reader's attention, to try to get people to read the newspaper while the print media is still kicking... but it irks me.

Anyways, that's my two cents. Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by via the hop! That headline is ridiculous. I'm surprised an editor agreed to go with that. Ridiculous

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...