Thursday, January 6, 2011

Literary Blog Hop

Literary Blog Hop

I'm super excited to be back in the blogging and hopping mode... it's been 3ish months since my last Hop!

Before linking up for the Literary Blog Hop, hosted by the wonderful ladies of The Blue Bookcase, I seriously questioned if my blog qualified as "literary." While I do have non-literary posts, I also discuss a fair bit of hardcore literary works. There's also a huge stack of them on my bookshelf waiting to be read ;)


This weekend The Blue Bookcase asks: How did you find your way to reading literary fiction and nonfiction?

I'd love to tell you a story of how I went from reading comic books to literary works.... but I really don't have a motivating 'that's how it's done' story. Sorry (and no offense to the comic book readers)!

I've always been attracted to literary fiction. I grew up surrounded by fiction. Literary fiction became my standby once I graduated from Barbies, Easy Bake Ovens, and picture books... not particularly in that order. I do read the occasional romance or chick-lit novel for escapism and a quick read... but I find nothing more fulfilling than reading a good literary novel.

And the non-fiction angle? I also had an early affinity for non-fiction historical accounts of Europe and the World Wars.

I guess literary fiction and non-fiction came naturally for me. How about you?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog-I am glad to be one of your new followers and look forward to reading your posts-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, every once in a while one needs a break with a book that can be read in a matter of two three hours. As much as literary fiction is a joy it requires a thinking and pondering mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I had the similar journey to lit fiction that you did. I never had a defining moment; I just read it because I liked it. And I like the occasional quick-read/escapist lit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I go through some family photos one day, and there turns out to be a picture of my birth, and in that picture there is me holding a book. Let just say that it wouldn't surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting to read the different ways people have
    found their way to literary fiction!

    I'm a new follower! (I thought I was an old follower, but no.)

    Here is my post for the Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...