Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wordsworth Classics Reading Challenge 2011


I've decided to take on *one* more reading challenge for 2011.

After completing a nineteenth century British history class last month I have the biggest urge to read material from that time era. The Deranged Book Lovers' Wordsworth Classics Reading Challenge 2011 provides me with the perfect motivation to do so.

So... I hereby pledge that between January 1, 2011 and December 23, 2011 I will tackle five nineteenth century novels. Apparently, having read five to eight books will make me a bourgeois - not too shabby!

Bellow is a tentative list of novels that will be used to complete the challenge.

1) Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - R. L. Stevenson
2) North and South - Elizabeth Gaskell
3) Persuasion - Jane Austen
4) Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
5) Cranford - Elizabeth Gaskell


What do you think about reading challenges? Are you participating in any this year (or have done so in the past)? If so, what ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...