Monday, March 14, 2011

Read and Sniff

I love the smell of books. New, crisp and clean books. Old, musty and well-loved books. You name it. But, I don't think I love the sweet smell of typed words as much as this lady.

Rachel Morrison has set out to smell (and record) every book in the Museum of Modern Art's Library collection. Visit this link for the story, and check out pictures of her records here.

I particularly like her vivid descriptions of books that ranged from smelling similar to "hugging grandma, her wool winter coat, faintly smokey" to "gross, dog poop."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...