Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Blown Fuse

A few days ago, while I was patting myself on the back for starting a paper on the earlier side, something very very bad happened. See... I have this laptop. It's older and even a bit slow, but I love it nonetheless. I still love it... even though it happened to die midway through my paper. After hitting the save button in Microsoft Word I heard a weird fizz noise... and then my screen went black.

As many of you are fellow writers, students, or just lovers of literature, you can imagine what I felt when my trusty HP laptop just wouldn't turn on.... and all of my documents, tons and tons of work written with the help of coffee, just seemed to disappear in an instant.

Thankfully I managed to get a computer technician to take the hard drive (or some such thing, I'm not tech savvy) out and retrieve all of my past work.

But now I don't have my HP... the laptop I bought during my first year at university... the one I was planning to use while writing my last ugrad paper. I can be a tad sentimental sometimes.

And it also means I had no way to upload pictures of baked cookies this Sunday. Though I have to admit, it has been a rough week and I haven't ventured into the kitchen a whole lot. Even if there was a camera-laptop connection I'm afraid there wouldn't be much to show.

I hope to get programs running on a new laptop shortly. Until then, happy Sweet Sunday (minus the sweetness).

OH! and Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. It's good they were able to retrieve the data off your hard drive! I lost mine one day right after I had written a Sense & Sensibility paper. It was the first time I hadn't emailed a copy to my friend to look over so I spent a frantic couple hours trying to re-write it from memory so I could get it to the prof on time. Not a fun way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That must have been so nerve-wracking for you! It takes me forever to write academic papers.... I would have been lost in your situation.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...