Thursday, October 21, 2010

Foreign Tastes?

This week's Booking Through Thursday asks readers to: "name a book (or books) from a country other than your own that you love."

I somehow think that if I were American this question would be harder.

Why, you ask?

So many of my favourite books come from America! A favourite Canadian book.... sadly, I can't even think of one.

I'm a sucker for romantic tales, so anything Nicholas Sparks writes is on my list of favourites. I happen to prefer his older work, like The Notebook or A Walk to Remember, over his new novels which I find have taken on a more mysterious and edgy vibe.

Where are your favourite books from? Are you a reader of home grown fiction or do you have a more international taste?

3 comments:

  1. no favourite canadian books!!! i hope to rectify this situation-please check out my new post for some ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol very true, it would be much harder if American.


    I would say 70% of my books are American, but there are a lot of great British and Canadian books out there!

    Kelley Armstrong is a great Canadian paranormal writer (YA/adult crossover) ... but I can't think of a Nicholas Sparks homegrown comparison. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments Sara and Erica... I'm going to have to brush up on my Canadian lit I guess :P haha.

    I agree, there are a lot of great British authors out there! Actually, I'm sure each country has its gems, some are just more hidden than others :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...