Sunday, February 20, 2011

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop

This week on Jennifer's Crazy-For-Books Book Blogger Hop, she asks: "What book(s) would you like to see turned into a moive?"

A: I had to think long and hard about this question. So many of my favourite books have already been translated into film-form. The Notebook? Done. Harry Potter? Way, way done. There are so many Holocaust movies. My favourite fairy tales? Disney's taken care of that.

So, the one book I'd love to see as a movie? I'm going to have to go with Prisoner of Tehran: A Memoir by Marina Nemat. This book was extremely powerful and unforgettable. It tells the tale of a young Iranian girl who is wrongly imprisoned in Tehran for performing activities against the Iranian state. Nemat's work was the first book I blogged about - in a way, the passion and excitement of this book led me to the blogging world. It is definitely a book to be read and one that would make a fine movie.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by, hon - happy to be a new follower.

    I loved your review of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Although I don't dig into the as often as I should, I love the classics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great story.

    Happy Hop
    http://booksyourkidswilllove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blog hop. Your blog is very cute.

    Stop by for my answer and for a Book Blog Giveaway...one more day left for the Giveaway.

    ...28 blogs participating blogs.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/

    Blog hosted by Judith of http://leeswammes.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting, Sally, Sara and Elizabeth! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...