Wow, it feels like I haven't written on here in weeks! I've got news... and I'm not even sure where to start.
1. A few weeks ago I stopped in Victoria for a little getaway. I seriously love Vancouver Island and Victoria especially. It has this Englishness to it that I find undeniably attractive. While I was there this February with E, we stumbled across an antiques store with National Socialist artifacts. Being the hardcore 20th century European History major that I am, you can only imagine my excitement. We left the store with 1944 Reichsmarks, a 1938 postcard, and a 1943 stamp illustrated with Hitler's portrait.
2. E brought a wonderful book along with him in January. I finished reading it the night he flew back... and I'll be reviewing it shortly.
3. What ever happened to those 2011 reading challenges? In January I was so set on completing 15 historical fiction novels and 5 classical fiction works. I'm halfway through reading Elizabeth Gaskell's Cranford and a little bit stuck. Is there such a thing as reader's block?
4. I have a feeling I'll be reviewing The Zookeeper's Wife before Cranford reaches Coffee Tale Reviews. I started The Zookeepers Wife a few hours ago. I'm only 100 pages in and it's addictive!
5. I recently received a letter from my university. The news? I now have a B.A. With Distinction :)
6. I'm going to Europe! I am so so so stoked to be visiting E in April.